Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Accepted: The Review

To recap the ways that we are accepted by God:
  • I am God's child
  • I am Christ's friend
  • I have been justified
  • I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit
  • I have been bought with a price - I belong to God
  • I am a member of Christ's body
  • I am a saint - a holy one
  • I have been adopted as God's child
  • I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit
  • I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins
  • I am complete in Christ

If I rephrase these, we may benefit from a different perspective:

  • God has made me His child
  • Christ has declared me His friend
  • God has provided my justification
  • God has made me one with Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit
  • God sought me out and bought me, at great price
  • God has placed me into the body of Christ, in just the right place
  • God has separated me out for His purposes and His glory
  • God chose to adopt me, even though He knew all about my sin
  • God give me constant access to Himself through the Holy Spirit
  • God has provided my redemption and forgiveness through Jesus Christ
  • God has made me complete in Christ with new life

This exercise was to drive into our minds that it is God who has made it His charge to care for His children. We must not take such wonderful grace for granted, or even worse taking credit for the good things in our lives.

No comments: