Saturday, September 23, 2006

Many Believed in Him

John 8:30 ESV
"As He was saying these things, many believed in Him."

Not only was Jesus saying those things found in verses 28 and 29, but the context of this verse would include many other things earlier in Chapter 8. Some of these are listed here:

“Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” (8:7)
“Yet even if I do judge, my judgment is true, for it is not I alone who judge, but I and the Father who sent me.” (8:16)
“You know neither me nor my Father.” (8:19)
“I am going away, and you will seek me, and you will die in your sin. Where I am going, you cannot come.” (8:21)
“I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.” (8:24)

Jesus spoke the truth very directly to those who were present. Sometimes the truth sounds hard to us. Their responses to Him indicate that many did not understand, but some believed in Him.

God Bless You,
Dennis

No comments: